Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Not Like the Other Girls...

I am not like most of the women my age...

I am not a mom...our kid is grown...I am, however, a doggie mommy...

I am not straight...I am, in fact, a lesbian!

I am not a Judeo/Christian believer...I am 100% proud Pagan...I am a WITCH!

I like football...I believe that Sundays (and some Saturdays) are best spent on the couch, with the dogs, yelling at a football game!

I don't watch soap operas, Desperate Housewives, or the "Real Housewives" of anything...give me a good SciFi show or documentary any day!

I don't work...

I don't drink...I am a recovering alcoholic...I will be 18 years sober in June!

I have cancer and I WILL NOT EVER do chemo again!  I am going to die...Don't we all???

All of these things...and so many others...make me "not like the other girls"...it makes finding a community hard!  Where we live, the only LGBT community is either more than an hour away or a church...me in a church...riiiiiight <insert Dr. Evil tone here>!

All of the websites aimed at people my age are for folks with kids...no kids!

All of the websites for people w/o kids are either for senior citizens or 20-somethings...

Where is the community for the in-betweeners?  Once again...part of the silent minority...

No comments:

Post a Comment